Monday, May 14, 2012

Anxiety

It's one day before I leave for Spain and I can't believe it. I, of course, waited until today to pack everything. The thing I'm worrying about most is using euros and finding my way around. And missing my flights, getting pick-pocketed, running out of money, staying in a hostel, not being able to plug anything in, not having a phone, getting my fiance's camera stolen, etc. The more I think the more things I find to worry about! I'll be glad to be more settled in Oviedo, with a host family and a secure room. I'm excited to see what people are like in Europe. I've heard all kinds of things about how the culture is in Spain, like grocery shopping every day, cheek-kissing instead of a handshake, and not wearing shorts in public. Meal times are odd as well. If I get one thing out of this trip, I hope it's much better speaking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment